Monday, November 18, 2013

Where the Rubber Meets the Road - Applying Faith in Friendship

As I choose my friends. I choose my future. 

Proverbs 27:17 (NLT)
As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.

Proverbs 13:20 (NIV)
Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm.

John 15:15
I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

Questions To Discuss:
Read Proverbs 27:17 and Proverbs 13:20
What's something “dumb” that friends influenced you to do?
What's something good that friends gave you the courage to do?

Read John 15:12-17
What are marks of true friendship? (Make a list)
Jesus calls us his friends - how might that change how each of us see ourselves?

Application:
How are you hoping you will deepen in your friendships?
What “marks of friendship” are you most wanting to grow in?
What's an example of how a true friend might get involved when they see their friend morally struggling? (See Matthew 18:15-17)


No comments: