Sunday, October 20, 2013

Where the Rubber Meets the Road - Service


Service
1 Peter 4:10 (NIV)
10 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others,as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.

Personal Questions to Consider:
What are things that others tell me I am good at?
What especially motives me? (A specific cause? An issue? A demographic? knowing that I helped someone? Etc.)
Where have I served before and really enjoyed it?
Where would I like to try serving to see if it might be a good fit?
What is my next step forward in using my gifts for service?

Other Bible Passages About Service and Gifts:
Romans 12:6-8. 1 Corinthians 12:4-11, Ephesians 4:11-16

Group Discussion Questions:
What is the best “team” you've ever been a part of? What made it such a great team?
If you could have your “dream job?” what might that be? What about this job especially appeals to you?
What do all the listed Bible passages have in common? What's the reason God gives people gifts?
What advice might you give to a Christian friend who said, “I have no gifts, and I don't think God could use me for anything?”

Group Challenge – Knowing what you know about the people in your group, list the potential gifts you see in each person in the group. “Brainstorm” ideas for how these gifts might be used in service.

No comments: